I love to smile, it’s one of my favorite things to do. Smiling instantly lifts my mood and makes me feel beautiful. To ensure that I always feel confident when I smile – I try to take care good of my teeth. Dr. Micheal Apa of the Rosenthal Apa Group shares three tips to help you get on track to a healthier brighter smile.
- DITCH THE MOUTHWASH Before you grab that mouthwash, check the label. Most mouthwashes contain alcohol which can dry out your mouth and decrease saliva production which is necessary for getting rid of food particles and bacteria. Mouthwashes containing alcohol can also dry out the gums, leading to a receding gum line. Instead, reach for an alcohol-free mouthwash like Crest Pro-Health Advanced.
- DON’T GO CRAZY WITH OVER WHITENING Teeth that are too white stand out for the wrong reasons. They don’t look natural. Dr. Apa suggests using an electric toothbrush like Phillips Sonicare DiamondClean $159 with a whitening toothpaste. I personally use an electric toothbrush by Oral-B. This brand is a lot kinder to my budget.
- DO GRAB THE FLOSS I have to be honest – I hate flossing but brushing alone just does not get the job done. Flossing can sometimes be painful and difficult which is why I like Oral-B Glide. This floss makes the process so much easier and painless by easily sliding in between my teeth.
- Protect your enamel from erosion by watching your coffee, tea, soda and citrus intake
- Increase intake of enamel protecting foods like leafy greens, bananas, carrots and celery
Source: InSYTLE Magazine/June 2016