Before I was ever “into” wearing and experimenting with makeup, three things that always needed to be on my face whenever I left the house were: mascara, lip gloss, and BLUSH! I don’t know what it is about blush specifically but as soon as I put it on – I feel like I look so much brighter. Although I personally think that you can wear any shade of blush desired as long as you apply accordingly – there are tips for finding the perfect shade for your skin tone.
If You Have….
- Very fair skin – a pastel baby pink will provide just the right amount of color without overwhelming your face.
- Light skin – a soft brownish-rose will provide the perfect sun-kissed effect.
- Olive skin – creamy peachy tones will offset any yellow undertones.
- Light brown skin – try a vivid hue such as a cool bright pink, just be sure to blend well.
- Dark skin – any bold shade looks good on you, try a rich magenta for an amazing contrast.
Source: REDBOOK Magazine/May 2016
- Always apply a little more blush than you think you need
- Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks (smile to find them)
- Cream blush is harder to overdo than powder
Here is my mascara, lip gloss, and blush look. I should have taken my own advice an added a little more blush!